Monday, March 7, 2011

Vicki Wong Explores Loneliness

Winter

As the last petal fell to the ground,
we came to the final season of the year.

The snow splintered softly across the country,
touching roof-tops,
calming empty branches,
and lastly fell onto my shoulders.
With everything covered in white,
I stood on top to admire such soundless sight.

As the morning chill sipped into my skin,
Shivers flew through my spine and awoke the sadness sleeping within.
I tucked my chin under my scarf and tracked downhill,
as thick white clouds loomed over the sky, and overcast my eyes.

Walking under the fall of tiny white jewels,
my gaze landed on the two humming snow birds sitting on the glistening branches.
Watching them finding comfort in each other
I secretly wish for the same.
I longed for love and was curious of what I became.

Slanting downward I thought I was hallucinating
but I saw snowflakes danced upon my hand,
so gentle and soft,
it reminded me of the tenderness entwined in your voice.
Reminiscing the way you used to reassure my fears
effortlessly brought me to tears.

Without your company I felt disjointed, incomplete
like a tiny bird in the cold with its frail wings weighted down by the dust of snow.
I took out the kaleidoscope you gave me this summer
and pressed it to my chest-
beneath those constricted lungs and crumbling bones,
I know we all have a heart that can withstand the consequences.

I gazed around
letting the beauty of winter embraces me
with the murmuring songs of miserable love drifting about.

[READ MORE HERE]

--
GettingDiscovered.net

No comments:

Post a Comment