Monday, March 21, 2011

Nothing like a Twist of Fate to "Drane" the Blood

Excerpt from Twist of Fate:

“I don’t believe I’ve seen you here before. Would you happen to be one of the new benefactors for the museum?” I turned around to answer the question, and stopped dead in my tracks. I couldn’t think, let alone form a coherent word. My only thought was “It couldn’t be her. Could it, after all this time?” I was totally stunned. The woman standing in front of me was a dead ringer for my fiancée Laurel. Sparkling Brown hair, lightly tanned skin and striking brownish-gold eyes were looking back at me. The only difference was that instead of dresses and full-length skirts and blouses, it was black dress pants with a cream silk button down shirt.

I also spied a pearl necklace adorning her collarbone as well as dark rimmed glasses.  It was like looking in a mirror into the past, my past to be more specific. I felt like I was back in 1909 again. I was in a flashback when I heard the woman’s voice again. [READ MORE HERE]

No comments:

Post a Comment