Monday, January 3, 2011

J.S. Wayne - Thrills and Chills

From Shadowphoenix: Requiem

I practically herded the young woman ahead of me into the dark corridor; between terror and the drugs they'd given her, she was all but incapable of coherent thought or voluntary motion.  I'd worry about getting her back on track with reality in a moment; first I needed to buy us a little time to make an escape, or at least a stand.  I slammed the door shut behind us and closed my eyes as blessed silence rained down upon my ears.  I spent ten seconds and magickal energy I really didn’t have to spare to place a security hex on the entryway, and then seized her arm and dodged behind a concrete support pillar.  I had been through hell to get to this point: crouched in a filthy, cold maintenance hallway, next to a naked teenager whose sense of reality had been so desperately strained that it had reduced her almost to catatonia. And after all that, I calculated that I might have purchased us four minutes more to live.  Not nearly enough, I thought as I stripped my heavy leather coat off and wrapped it around her to fend off the chill.

More at: jswayne.webs.com

Bio: Born in Texas, J.S. Wayne has either lived in or traveled approximately one half of the North American continent and in so doing, has amassed a resume that could fairly be summed up as “eclectic.”  He recently completed his first “serious” writing effort, Requiem, the first installment of the Shadowphoenix trilogy, and is hard at work on the second installment, Requiescat.   Currently he resides in the Texas Panhandle with his wife, a vicious attack cat who adopted him on arrival, and grudgingly tolerates his wife, and a terrier puppy who thinks socks are a threat to national security.  His hobbies include strategy games, collecting outmoded weapons, and collecting true-life ghost stories.  He also enjoys reading and writing, naturally, and this includes fan and hate mail.

His professional credits include:

Winner, Fantasy/Erotica short story contest at http://www.writing.com/, First Prize for Espiritu Sancti.

EzineArticles.com, "Are The Undead Dead As A Vehicle For Literary Expression?"  He was accorded expert author status for this effort.

Submit your own work at GettingDiscovered.net/submissions!

No comments:

Post a Comment